There has been much attention given to Malaysian Diabetics in the recent years as it is a chronic disease and one of the top killer diseases in Malaysia. Both my paternal and maternal grandparents have Diabetes. Sooner or later, it will hit me too. So, it’s best to take early precautions before it hits me. Prevention is after all better than cure. Speaking of which, Diabetes is not curable but manageable to delay or prevent its complications.
Last month, I participated in Glucerna® Challenge Me blogger event. From the event, I learn more about the issue of diabetes and also introduced to a new product, Glucerna® and how it can help Malaysian Diabetics manage their condition better.
Glucerna® provides a unique system of ingredients to help patients manage their blood glucose levels, weight and cholesterol. It can help reduce weight1 when used as part of an overall diabetes management plan.
GLUCERNA® CHALLENGE ME is a specially designed program for people with diabetes to learn simple techniques to help them manage their diabetes with a healthy lifestyle. This simple plan incorporates 1) a healthy meal plan, 2) specialized nutrition products such as Glucerna®, and 3) exercise.
This 12-week program features a robust set of online tools and resources to provide people with diabetes with:
- easy meal plans and recipes
- guides on how to incorporate Glucerna® into their healthy diet
- daily exercise plans through step-by-step instructions
Glucerna® dilutes easily with room temperature water. There’s no need to use hot water. It is also advisable to not use hot water when preparing Glucerna®. You can drink it on its own or added into your favourite drinks (eg: coffee, smoothies, milkshakes, etc).
We sampled the Strawberry and banana milkshakes with Glucerna® and they tasted delicious! For those who are lactose intolerant, there’s no worry to add Glucerna® into your diet as it is lactose free products.
Glucerna® is very versatile and can be added into your food of any kinds! There was a cupcake workshop to make Pandan Hokkaido cupcakes infused with Glucerna®. Now, diabetics can also enjoy desserts such as cupcakes <3 From what I witnessed and in my opinion, it seems like Glucerna® was used in replacing milk in the recipe.
Some tips to take note on Glucerna®:
- When used as a meal replacement together with lifestyle modification as part of a diabetes management plan including diet and exercise
- All participants should seek the advice of their physician:
- (i) before participating in this program; and
- (ii) on a continuing and regular basis during the course of the program if they are found to be suitable for the program.
- Glucerna® is not a substitute for any existing course of treatment administered by your physician and is only meant for use under strict medical supervision as part of an overall diabetes management plan.
In support to fight against Diabetes, GLUCERNA® CHALLENGE ME has a reward program that rewards users with points for every purchase of Glucerna Triple Care. You can also earn points by reaching certain milestones during the 12-weeks program. Start your journey towards a healthier lifestyle with GLUCERNA® CHALLENGE ME.
Visit www.glucernachallengeme.com.my to participate in the Glucerna® Challenge Me program. A mobile app is also available on App Store and Play Store so you could access to the program on-the-go.