This is the recipe for the Red Bean Buns as seen in the Korean-inspired web series, Wind Chimes in a Bakery. It is a very simple recipe and really easy to do. The hardest part is just waiting..
- Milk 4 Cups
- Vegetable Oil 1 Cup
- Castor Sugar 1 Cup
- Instant Dry Yeast 7g
- All Purpose Flour 9 Cups
- Baking Powder 1tsp (heaping)
- Baking Soda 1 tsp (scant)
- Salt 1 tbsp (heaping)
- Red Bean Paste 500g
- To make the dough, add milk, vegetable oil and sugar in a medium saucepan and heat them over medium heat to just below a boil. Set aside and cool to warm.
- Add 8 cups of flour and yeast into the mixture and mix until well combined.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel and set aside in a relatively warm place for 1 hour.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and the remaining 1 cup flour.
- Mix thoroughly and set dough aside to rest for another 5 minutes.
- Dust table with flour and divide dough to 35 rolls and set aside.
- Flat the rolls and place the red bean paste in the middle and roll them into a ball.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the rolls.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Cover all the buns with a kitchen towel and set aside for at least 20 minutes before baking.
- Brush the top of each buns with egg yolk and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake the buns for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown.
Baking experience with Adam (Nabil) and Sue (Koe Yeet) can be read here.
Tagged: 19 Culinary Studio, 2013, Ahmad Nabil Mahir, at19culinary, baking, cook with annna, Dine with Annna, Events and Happenings, food, KL, Koe Yeet, Korean, Pastry, Photography, pichas, recipe, Red Bean Buns, Samsung, Samsung NX1000, Web Series, Wind Chimes In A Bakery