Woke up early during the weekends and decided to make pancakes for breakfast. Got all the ingredients ready and realised that there are no eggs left in the fridge! *Gasp* Hence, the eggless pancake.
Simply browsed the Internet and got some ideas to make this simple and extremely basic pancakes without having to add egg. Although not the best plain tasting pancakes, but with basic toppings of butter and honey, the pancakes were awesome. Thankfully, there were some leftovers of strawberries and the recently bought Nutella. The pancakes tasted so much better and even looked nicer too.
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Optional toppings: Strawberries, Bananas, Honey, Butter, Nutella, Peanut Butter, Ice-Cream, etc
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in milk and oil into the mixing bowl and mix them well.
- Do not over-mix. Lumps are perfectly fine. Set aside for a couple of minutes.
- Heat up pan at medium-high heat and add butter to melt and spread all over the pan.
- Pour half a ladle or 4 tablespoon of the batter on the pan for each pancake.
- Allow to cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake.
- Flip the pancake and cook until its golden brown.
If you notice the last few pancakes at the bottom are more chocolatey, well, that’s because I added a spoonful of Nutella into the batter just to try. Turns out, you can’t really taste Nutella in the pancake. Heh.. Best to just add on Nutella on the cooked pancakes itself and not before.