Here, I’m sharing how to get a perfect salmon done in under 3 minutes using microwave. I enjoy cooking as much as I enjoy eating, but not much on cleaning and washing. So, as I was wondering how to minimise the cleaning sector, I thought of why not I chuck everything in one bowl and put in the microwave and see how it goes. End of the day, I only need to clean one bowl, one fork and spoon.
So, I went online in search for simple microwave recipes and came across this salmon recipe on Oprah‘s website. I tweaked the recipe a bit to suit the ingredients I have in the fridge.
- salmon fish fillet wild (approx. 150g) ½" thick
- olive oil
- black pepper
- mixed herbs
- Chopped tomato, capsicum, onion and carrots and put in glass bowl. Add olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well with the veggies and spread out evenly.
- Clean fish and pat dry using paper towel. Rub olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs all over the fish. Place skin down on the veggies.
- Spread a thin layer of mayo over the top of the fish.
- Place sliced lemons over the mayo.
- Cover the bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Check for doneness and continue to cook for another minute. Fish should be cooked by 3rd minute. If not, keep cooking for 30 to 60 seconds longer.
Enjoy trying out this simple microwave recipe. Alternatively, you can use any veggies. I’ve tried adding potatoes, mushrooms, broccoli, celery, any veggies you can think of. In just under 5 minutes, I can get an awesome salmon potato meal out from the oven!
Not only cooking using the microwave is quick and simple, I now able to enjoy my favourite fish with less hassle and enjoying its nutrients at the same time. Salmon contributes to healthy dose of omega-3, magnesium, etc nutrients which could help lower cholesterol, migraine, etc.. All these health info you can easily find from the internet these days.
Tagged: 2013, cook with annna, Dine with Annna, food, food porn, homecook, microwave cooking, Photography, pichas, recipe, recipes, Salmon, Samsung, Samsung Galaxy, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, simple, vegetables