15.05.2014 – Can’t believe I survived (sort of) clean eating to this date and it has been an amazing week so far. I feel less bloated (although I felt like I gained weight) and I feel more hungry in between lunch and dinner on some days because salad for lunch is not enough to last till dinner! So, in between I’ll either snack on fruits or a cup of Milo (small cheat).
#Day 5 Eat Clean Breakfast: Cauliflower Omelet
For Day 5, I made this amazing cauliflower omelet using the microwave instead of pan over fire because I woke up late in the morning. So, this recipe I’m sharing is my microwave version in making the cauliflower omelet 😀
½ head roasted cauliflower florets (leftover from Day 4‘s dinner)
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 large eggs
⅛ teaspoon salt
freshly ground pepper
chili powder or Tabasco sauce *optional*
- In a glass container, heat the cauliflower florets for approximately 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Crack the eggs into a small mixing bowl with salt, freshly ground pepper and ½ teaspoon water, and beat with a fork until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the egg over the cauliflower in the glass container and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes (or more until the eggs are fully cooked, or if your prefer slightly runny like mine, 1 minute and a half should do).
- Dust with some chili powder or a few dash of Tabasco sauce to spice it up!
#Day 5 Eat Clean Lunch: Micro-Chicken Salad
As for lunch, I had this colourful and refreshing Chicken Salad <3 Made a different version of salad using grated carrots, sliced fresh lettuce and celery. Served with lemon vinaigrette.
½ chicken breast (leftover from Day 2‘s dinner), thickly sliced
3 large leaves of Romaine (or any other lettuce), roughly sliced
1 medium carrot, grated
1 stalk celery, sliced
1/8 cup Lemon Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Eat now: Combine lettuce, carrot and celery in a mixing bowl and toss with the lemon vinaigrette, be sure to coat everything evenly. Transfer to a plate or bowl and top it with the sliced chicken breast on the salad.
- If you’re packing lunch to go: Combine all ingredients except the vinaigrette in a large airtight container and pack the vinaigrette in a small container. Refrigerate until ready to eat and pour the vinaigrette over the salad. To mix them well, just cover the container and give a gentle but good shake so everything mix well 😀
BIG BATCH LEMON VINAIGRETTE
juice of ½ lemon
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon honey (or sugar)
¼ cup olive oil
2 leaves of fresh mint, finely chopped
½ dijon mustard
In a small mixing bowl, combine lemon juice, salt, sugar and mustard. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while vigorously whisking the mixture with a small whisk. Whisk for an additional 30 seconds after all of the oil has been added. Add in the mint leaves once vinaigrette is done.
#Day 6 Eat Clean Dinner: Tis Toss Micro-Veggie Salad
Was feeling lazy to prep dinner and just made an extra batch of veggies while prepping for next day’s lunch.
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
½ capsicum, diced
1 medium carrot, cut into 4 and sliced
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 large tomato (or 2 if medium size), roughly chopped
4 basil leaves, sliced
2 Laughing Cow belcube cheese *optional*
1 teaspoon olive oil
a pinch of salt and pepper
lemon vinaigrette (leftover from today’s lunch)
- Combine onion, carrot, carrot, olive oil, salt and pepper in a glass container (the same one I usually brings to office for lunch, so, I don’t need to wash so many bowls :D) or bowl and cook in the microwave for 1 minute. Let it cool.
- Add in capsicum, tomato and basil leaves. Toss until well combined.
- Transfer half the veggies into a separate bowl (to be eaten for dinner). Add in lemon vinaigrette and give it a quick toss and eat with cheese, or not.
- Store the rest of the veggies for lunch tomorrow.
This is dinner and let’s call it a day! Woohoo! Yet another successful eat clean day. *pats self on the back*
Original recipes for Day 5 can be found here.