May 14th, 2014 marks the fourth day of my eat clean challenge and up to date I haven’t had a single cup of coffee. My body is trembling as I think about coffee. Not sure how long I could hold myself for that one paradise sip of coffee. Huhuhu..
#Day 4 Eat Clean Breakfast: Overnight Oatmeal with Blueberries ♡♡
Yet another simple yet amazing breakfast of overnight oatmeal with blueberries (recipe here). I’m loving this kind of breakfast. It is easy to prepare and easy to pack to work on the go! So, I just prep them the night before and grab them from the fridge before leaving the house. 😀 Will buy more fruits and nuts to add on to them.
#Day 4 Eat Clean Lunch: Chicken Salad
I really can’t get enough of this Microwaved Chicken, my version of Roasted Chicken. So, I packed them for lunch again. This time round, I’m having half chicken breast on grated carrots and cucumber, lettuce and capsicum. When it’s time for lunch, I drizzle the orange vinaigrette and toss everything together. Added two Laughing Cow cheese 🙂 Both the chicken and orange vinaigrette recipe can be found here.
#Day 4 Eat Clean Dinner: Pan-Grilled Kurau on Cauliflower Steak
For dinner, I made something slightly different from the original recipe as well as cooking method. I replaced the lentils with pan-grilled Kurau (the expensive fish I bought from BIG Grocer the previous weekend). There’s no oven at home, so, I opted to grill the fish and cauliflower using the Happy Cook.
120g Threadfin Fish (Kurau or other fish)
1 head cauliflower
1 stalk of celery
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
¼ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
freshly ground pepper
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Heat the pan and grill the fish.
- Add in onions, carrots, capsicum and celery to cook with the fish. Once the fish is cook, transfer to a plate and continue to cook the veggies until soften.
- Place the cauliflower head stemside down on the cutting board and cut two 1 inch thick slices of cauliflower from the center (the biggest part), starting at the top and cutting through stem end. Rub the two cauliflower steaks with ½ tablespoon of olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper. Set the steaks aside.
- Heat the pan with olive oil and cook the cauliflower steaks until the outside is slightly brown, then flip the steaks and cook for 3 minutes. The steaks are done when they’re browned on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Meanwhile, break the remainder of the cauliflower into bitesized florets and transfer the florets to a medium mixing bowl with olive oil, kosher salt, and freshly ground pepper. As soon as the steaks are done, transfer them to a plate, then put the florets into the pan and cook until florets are crispy and dark brown (almost burnt) at the edges.
- Put the cauliflower steaks on a plate and top with the grilled fish.
So much ♡♡ on a plate!!
OMG! CAN’T BELIEVE THIS IS FINALLY HAPPENING!
*cue success song*
Finally made it to a full Eat Clean Day!
Original recipes for Day 4 can be found here.