This recipe is by Gaviscon and not only does it looks healthy, it also looks delicious. A perfect meal for those with acid reflux, and also great for family meals and small gatherings.
- 1 pound white chicken breast meat cut into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups sodium free chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon (or dried)
- 1 teaspoon organic chopped ginger (or ground)
- Pour 1 cup of chicken broth into a large non-stick pot.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, celery and spices.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 8 minutes or until chicken and veggies are tender. Let the mixture cool.
- Pour the rice into a baking dish and add vinegar and the remaining chicken broth. Let it soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree farenheit.
- Add the chicken and vegetable mixture to the baking dish and stir well.
- Bake for 60 minutes, checking at 45 minutes to make sure the rice is not getting dry – if it looks dry, add more chicken broth.
Here’s the infographic of the instructions for a better illustration..